Shopping Our Stash #469: What a Difference You've Made in My Life

Shopping Our Stash #469: What a Difference You've Made in My Life

Hello everyone! Today I am excited to share the Design Team cards made for Shopping Our Stash challenge #469 which encourages us to make cards for special people in our lives. Since May is around the corner, I decided to make two cards for two special ladies in my life: a Mother's Day card for one of my Aunts (whose child and husband have passed), and a birthday card for my fabulous Mother-In-Law.


Grab Our Badge!



Supplies used:


Card #1

 
I have been recently playing with Honey Bee Stamps' Lovely Layers: Tulips Honey Cuts (die cut) set and decided to use it for the focus for both cards. This card started out by die cutting all of the pieces of the tulip out of watercolor paper with the Tulip die set. I then ink blended the layers with Lucky Clover Distress Oxide for the leaf and stems, and the combination of Dried Marigold Distress Oxide (light orange) and Catherine Pooler's Chiffon (yellow) ink. The pistils and stamens were colored with pink and orange Zig Clean Color Real Brush Markers and then added some sparkle by coloring over them with my  Stardust Gelly Roll pen. All of the layers were glued together and set aside to dry. 

Next, the background panels were created by die cutting two patterned pieces of paper from the Park Lane's Floral Spice 12x12" paper pack with the two largest dies from Gina K Design's Master Layout 2 die set--the second-largest stitched die was used to die cut out the brown floral piece of paper and the largest die was used to cut out a striped ombre piece of paper. The two layers were glued together and set aside to dry.

Then I turned my attention to the sentiment. I stamped the sentiment and sub-sentiment from
Lawn Fawn's Happy Happy Happy stamp set with Lucky Clover Distress Oxide. They were then heat embossed with Ranger's Holographic embossing powder. The sentiment was then die cut with the corresponding die from the Happy Happy Happy set. I also die cut two additional layers with scrap cardstock and the three layers were glued together for dimension. The subsentiment was die cut with a thin sentiment strip die and then the edges were ink blended with more of the Lucky Clover Distress Oxide.
 


To assemble the card, I glued the tulip bloom and stem were glued onto the floral patterned paper and then glued the main (Happy) sentiment onto the paper as well. The sub-sentiment (Mother's Day) was attached to the card panel with Altenew's Instant Dimension Foam Tape. Next, sequins from Catherine Pooler's Blackfoot River sequin mix were glued onto the panel as well. I then splattered some Mindaro Shimmering Bliss Spray and a mix of orange Zig Marker and Iridescent Shimmering Bliss Topper onto the card panel. Finally, I attached the panel to an A2-sized white card base with more foam tape.

 

 Card #2

This card was made in a similar matter with a few exceptions. While the the process was the same to ink blend the tulip, I did add a tulip bud onto the card as well. The background panel was created with a die cut piece of American Crafts Patchwork Floral 12 x 12 paper that was die cut with the second-largest stitched rectangular die from the Gina K Design's Master Layout 2 die set and a matte layer created out of a piece of blueish/teal colored cardstock in my stash die cut with the largest die from the Gina K die set. 

The sentiment was created by stamping and die cutting them with SCT Delivered Stamps' Beautiful You (made for their March Crop and Create cardmaking event). The sentiment was stamped with VersaMark Frost Dazzle ink and heat embossed with Ranger's Gold embossing powder. I then cut it out with my paper trimmer and ink blending around the edges of the sentiment strip with more of the Dried Marigold Distress Oxide and then blending again with some residual ink on a pink ink blending foam. Meanwhile I die cut the you sentiment from the you die cut that comes with the Beautiful You set three times--twice with some scrap paper, and once with a piece of leftover pink ink and gold heat embossed paper. All three layers were glued together for dimension and set aside to dry.

 

As with the first card, the sub-sentiment was attached with foam tape, while the sentiment and the flowers were glued to the patterned paper panel. I again splattered some spray onto the card panel and finally the whole card panel was attached to an A2-sized card base with more of the foam tape.

We hope that you are able to join us for our challenge over at Shopping Our Stash and thanks for reading!





Comments

  1. Beautiful!! Your die cut flowers are a beautiful focal point!! Way to go shopping your stash and offering great inspiration for those who decide to play along with our "What a difference you have made in my life" challenge over at SOS!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So beautifully bright and cheerful cards, they made me smile and the recipients will feel the same way. Great designs as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful flower which is going to look fab always. I like it on these bold backgrounds, it really makes a statement. x

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Summer Treats!

A Red, White, and Blue Flower and Striped Card

You Are Amazing