Repeating Christmas Card
Repeating Christmas Card
Hello friends! Today's card was inspired by Crafty Al's Shop Your Stash Challenge#3: On Repeat! which is part of her Shop Your Stash September challenges, Simon Says Stamp's Monday Challenge (Stitch It) as well as Happy Little Stamper's September Christmas Challenge.
- Stamps: Simon Says Stamp's Festive Trees stamp set (retired)
- Ink: VersaMark Dazzle ink
- Dies: Gina K's Master Layout 2 die set
- Paper: watercolor paper and patterned paper
- Sprays: Color Wash Jewels Sprays from Stampzia.com in Tanzanite (purple) and Blue Topaz (both are retired), Mardi Gras Shimmering Bliss Spray from Technique Junkies
- Embossing powders: Ranger's Holographic embossing powder, Wow! Under the Sea embossing glitter (retired)
- Sequins: Catherine Pooler's Portland sequin mix
- Christmas sentiments washi tape in my stash
- Watercolors: LuminArte's Blue Flame (dark blue), African Jade (jade green) and Snap Dragon (purple) Twinkling H20s (retired), Gansai Tambi Starry Colors watercolor set
- Liquid glue and Altenew Instant Dimension Foam Tape
To make this card, I used one of the Christmas Trees from the Festive Trees stamp set and stamped it multiple times on a piece of watercolor paper with VersaMark Dazzle ink and heat embossed them with Holographic embossing powder. I cut the paper with the second-largest stitched rectangle die from the Gina K die set and then sprayed it with 3 sprays: some Color Wash Jewels Sprays in Tanzanite and Blue Topaz and Mardi Gras Shimmering Bliss spray and let the paper dry. Later, I painted trees with Twinkling H20s to help them stand out and then set them aside to dry again.
At this point, I stamped and heat embossed the tree stamp again and colored the tree with ore of the Twinkling H20s and after it dried, I fussy cut the tree and added it over one of the trees on the panel with foam tape.
Then I turned to the matte layer. I cut three layers of some navy patterned paper with the largest die from the Master Layout 2 set and glued them together for dimension and strength. I decided that I wasn't thrilled with how this looked when I went to add them behind the tree panel, so I stamped some more VersaMark Dazzle around the edges of the card and added some of the Under the Sea embossing powder to make the matte layer more sparkly. I then glued the matte layer and the tree panel together. I added a sentiment from a roll of washi tape with a variety of holiday sayings to the bottom right part of the panel and then added white and blue sequins from the Portland sequin mix around the card. I then splattered some gold watercolor from the Starry Colors set over the panel. To finish the card, I placed the card panel to a dark blue cardbase with foam tape.
Thanks for reading!