Let's Bee Friends!
Let's Bee Friends!
Hello friends! Today I wanted to share a pretty card that I made for a few challenges: The Paper Players Challenge #550, and CAS (Clean and Simple) Colours & Sketches Challenge #429.
Today's card features an older die set from Sizzix (Thinlits Mix and Match Flowers) and Brutus Monroe's Circles Background Die as well as a cute bee from Honey Bee Stamps (it was a thank you stamp and not for sale).
To make this card, I pulled out several yellow and green patterned paper from my stash and die cut them with several of the Mix and Match Flowers dies. After die cutting, I sprayed them with Dazzle Shimmering Bliss Spray and set aside to dry. After they dried, I assembled the flower by gluing a lot of layers together. I added a sequin from Catherine Pooler's Scranton sequin mix. I also die another shape from the same die set and used it to back one of the daisies in my stash (towards the bottom of the card). After layering two of the shapes together so they were off-set and filled in any holes, I ink blended the edges with some Lucky Clover Distress Oxide Ink. I then glued the daisy on top and set the whole thing aside to dry.
Then I die cut a piece of white cardstock with the Brutus Monroe die as well as a piece of gold paper with My Favorite Thing's Hey Die-namics die.Lastly, I stamped the bee with Morning Mist VersaFine Clair ink and then heat embossed them with Holographic embossing powder from Ranger. I colored the bee with my yellow Zig Clean Color Real Brush Marker and then gave her wings some sparkle with my Gelly Roll pen.
To assemble the card, I glued the background die to a white card base. To add more dark green to the card (for the required colors), I splattered some of Altenew's Sweet Leaf watercolor (from the Tropical Fiesta watercolor marker set) onto the card. Next, I attached the sentiment to the card base with more glue. The flowers came next--the daisies came with foam underneath them so I added glue to the foam and attached them to the card. The large flower came next, which again was glued to the card base. I added some foam tape behind the bee and attached her to the card. Finally, I added some green gems onto the card.
Thanks for reading!