Alcohol Ink Flowers
Alcohol Ink Flowers
Hello friends! Today I wanted to share a card inspired by a few challenges: The Paper Craft Crew's Challenge #436 (a tic-tac-toe challenge), Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge #430, and the Happy Little Stampers July Anything Goes with Dies Challenge.
Today's card features an older die set from Sizzix (Thinlits Mix and Match Flowers),
Altenew's Moroccan Mosaic stamp set as the background, and my some Alcohol inked Yupo paper. I decided to complete the Paper Craft Crew's tic-tac-toe by creating something sparkling (embossing powder, Shimmering Bliss spray, and shiny alcohol inked paper), markers (to color the middle box for the sketch) and heat embossing.
To make this card, I started out by creating a background panel that I had die cut with an A2 sized-die by stamping it with the Moroccan Mosaic stamp with Delicata Ink in Celestial Copper and then heat embossed it with Holographic embossing powder from Ranger. I then pulled out one of the mid-sized square dies from Ellen Hutson's Essential Squares die set and die cut the center of the panel as well as an additional piece of scrap cardstock. I colored parts of the square with some purple and blue Zig Clean Color Real Brush Markers and then sprayed the square with water as well as Dazzle Shimmering Bliss Spray from Technique Junkies and set it aside to dry. (When wet, the marker ink moved around on the square, blending and softening the colors.) I colored the frame of the square with another purple Zig marker, but did not spray it. I attached the second (scrap cardstock) square and frame to the panel with washi tape. After the colored and sprayed square dried, I glued the square and frame to the panel making sure that it was placed exactly as it was before I die cut it, so the pattern was not disturbed. In this way, we can see the pattern as it was before I die cut the square, but it is raised up from the rest of the card because of the extra layer of cardstock. I set the whole thing aside to let the glue dry.
Meanwhile, I started working on the flowers. I pulled out a few pieces of paper in my stash (green patterned paper for the leaves that I sprayed with more Dazzle Shimmering Bliss Spray, alcohol-inked Yupo paper in blues and purples as well as a piece of purple and glittery paper I had created with magazine paper). I die cut the paper with the Sizzix Mix and Match Flowers dies. I decided that I wanted to curl the flower petals and so melted the edges with my embossing heat gun. After the flowers had cooled, I glued the many layers of the flowers and leaves together with liquid glue and set them aside to dry. Later, I added a blue sequin from Catherine Pooler's Scranton sequin mix to the middle of each to finish the flowers.
To assemble the card, I added a couple of pieces of washi tape (in the pictures you can really only see the shiny blue washi tape behind the lower flower) and had them run from the left edge of the panel to a little more than half-way across the panel. I pulled out a leftover sentiment from the Simon Says Stamp's Just Because Word Mix 2 stamp and die set that I attached to the card with foam tape. Then I added the two flowers to the card with more glue. Lastly, I placed three blue gems from my stash below the sentiment. The card was glued to a white card base to finish the card.
Thanks for reading!