Time Out Challenge #190

 Time Out Challenge #190

Hello friends! This card was inspired by Time Out Challenge #190's photo. I really love the bright stripes on this building and want to move in. I decided to focus on the bright vertical stripes, the light blue (stripe) on the floor of the image, and the tropical plants.

The first aspect of the card I wanted to work on was the stripes. I used my  Peek-Through Patterns stamp set from Concord & 9th and a a rainbow of  Zig Clean Color Real Brush Markers to create the striped paper. Using my MISTI, I colored the stamp with three different markers and stamped a piece of white cardstock. Then I moved the paper and repeated the process with three additional colors two more times. I then cut out the stripes with the smaller stitched rectangle die from  Gina K's Master Layout 2 and then set it aside.

Next, I started working on mimicking the plants. I have recently brought Altenew's Tropical Jungle stamp and die into my life, and love it! The images are so different from other images in my stash and have been so versatile. I stamped the image with Grass Skirt Catherine Pooler Ink and then heat embossed it with Ranger's Holographic embossing powder. Then I used a variety of green and purple Altenew Watercolor Brushes to color the botanical image. After I finished watercoloring, I set it aside to dry.


To create the sentiment, I took a piece of cardstock that I had previously ink smooshed with some green and stamped it with the word hello that came with the Tropical Jungle set in  Morning Mist VersaFine Claire ink and then heat embossing it with more of the Holographic embossing powder from Ranger. I decided to go over the whole thing with some of the green I had used when watercoloring the botanical image and set it aside to dry. Later, I used both of the stitched flag dies from the Master Layout 2 die set to cut out the sentiment and a leftover piece of the striped paper that I had made earlier. I die cut each stitched die twice--once with the paper that you see, and an additional time for each die to cut out a piece of scrap cardstock that I glued behind for more dimension. I glued all 4 stitched flag dies together (2 layers of the smaller flag on top of two layers of the larger flag) and then added foam tape behind the larger flag to give it even more dimension.



 Then I stared to assemble the card. I wanted to incorporate the light blue of the stripe on the floor, so I pulled a piece of light blue paper from my stash (I liked the little bit of print that you can see peeking through the tropical stamp for some subtle interest). Again, I turned to the Gina K Master Layout 2's largest rectangular die to cut out the blue paper and then glued it directly to the white card base. I then glued the striped paper to the left side of the blue paper. Next, I die cut the tropical jungle image and an additional piece of card stock using the coordinating die and then glued them together for dimension. I then added foam tape behind the whole thing and added it to the card. I then added the sentiment to the card, trying to line up the red stripe of the sentiment's background layer to the red stripe on the smaller rectangle die in the background of the card. To finish the card, I added some sequins from the Soda Springs sequin mix from Catherine Pooler.

Thanks for reading!

 

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Summer Treats!

A Red, White, and Blue Flower and Striped Card

You Are Amazing