Crazy 4 Challenges #589

Crazy 4 Challenges #589

Hello friends! I created a card today for Crazy 4 Challenges #589 and Global Design Project #297. Concord & 9th had a great moving sale a few weeks ago and I bought a few new stamps and dies, and decided to use one of them for my card today:  Fresh Cut Florals Dies Edition 3. What a great set. It was really fun to die these flowers, and I made some extra flowers for another card....I don't have these actual colors, but I tried to find papers (or make them) that matched them. After I finished the card, I also decided to share this card at Happy Little Stamper's June Stencil and Dies challenges. Let's get to the card.

 

 


As I said above, I used my new Fresh Cut Florals Edition 3 die cut set. I decided to use a piece of paper that I had sprayed in the past with Dylusions Shimmer Spray in Crushed Grape for the larger, dark purple flower. Next, I die cut the paper 4 times and then decided to ink blend some Wilted Violet Distress Oxide over parts of the paper that needed a little extra purple. The centers of the flower came from a scrap of alcohol inked Yupo paper. I assembled the flower with about half of the layers and some liquid glue and then set it aside to dry. Meanwhile, I covered a piece of scrap cardstock with some light purple washi tape and then ran it through my die cut machine 4 times. Again, I used some liquid glue to assemble the light purple flower you can see and an additional larger flower using all of the pieces I cut out and used more of the alcohol inked Yupo paper for the centers of the flower. This smaller flower was set aside to dry.


Then I moved onto the card base. To start, I used Honey Bee's Deckle Edge A2 die cut to cut out a piece of white cardstock. I used some Nuvo Glacier Paste in Pixie Wings and a stencil in my stash to create a light purple sparkly background across the whole panel. I got impatient, so used my heat gun to help the glacier paste dry quickly. I then smooshed some Wilted Violet and Twisted Citron Distress Oxide on a piece of plastic and then mixed them with some water so I could splatter both colors across the panel. Then I ink blended more of the Wilted Violet around the panel. Then the panel was set aside to dry.

I then turned to the sentiment and leaves. I added more washi tape (this time a sparkly light purple) to a piece of scrap paper and then die cut it with a die in my stash. Then I die cut a few leaves and twigs(?) from the Fresh Cut Florals set with a piece of light green paper. I added more of the Twisted Citron to the edges of the leaves and to the whole twig and then heat embossed them with Holographic embossing powder from Ranger. Next, I added the twigs and leaves to the flowers.


To assemble the card, I used liquid glue to adhere the two flowers and sentiment to the card. I then added some Catherine Pooler Scranton sequin mix. The panel was attached to a white card base with foam tape for dimension. I then realized that I had missed part of the sketch (the vertical stripes), so I added more of the light purple sparkly washi tape and some metallic washi tape to finish the card.

Thanks for reading!








Comments

  1. Love all the elements!
    Thank you for sharing with Happy Little Stampers!
    Susan
    DT for AG with Dies
    Calling All Crafters! – My Blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing card. The background is lovely and provides a nice backdrop to your gorgeous flowers. Thanks for joining us at Happy Little Stampers ~ Stencil Challenge.

    sue n.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Summer Treats!

A Red, White, and Blue Flower and Striped Card

You Are Amazing